We have three waka with skirts on ready for action in the morning. The plan is still to head to Moturoa-Rabbit Island but the forecast is for 7-10kt SW winds with possible 22kt gusts, so we will have a Plan B in place. The SW isn’t a bad wind for the trip but we will just have to see how gusty it is and what effect it has on the ocean. We will be heading out just after mid-tide on an incoming tide so any wind v tide chop should subside as the morning goes on.
Anyway….. if we can arrive at 7.30 ready to get organised and get out that would be great. Paddlers down to do just one leg should have a towel and dry clothes ready to take over in a car to the half way point, in case you are doing the outward leg.
We have waka fairly evenly organised, but there will undoubtedly be a bit of last minute organisation if we have any no-shows or unexpected shows. If conditions are benign and we can cope with a couple of waka having only five seats filled, we might even take a fourth waka.
Remember the Christmas head gear, wear club shirts if you can and look forward to seeing everyone.
Its never too early or too late to start paddling waka ama
We always welcome new members to the Maitahi Outrigger Canoe Club.
We have social and racing waka ama crews catering for a wide variety of ages and abilities.