Being a club member entitles you paddle whenever you like and to use all the club equipment and be kept up to date with club news.
Maitahi membership is from 1st July until 30th June
Please fill out the form below whether you are a new or exisiting member as details change over time. One form needs to be filled out for each paddler.
Please read the membership conditions at the bottom of the page.
Try it out before you join
We offer a couple of ‘getting started’ paddles for a koha to introduce you to waka ama.
If you decide you’d like to paddle on a regular basis you will need to join the club. Joining in our social paddles is a good way to get to know people and find regular crews. You are welcome to paddle on a more casual basis, filling in when crew members are away or joining the social paddles on Friday evenings or Sunday mornings.
The club provides lifejackets and paddles for beginners.
Maitahi Outrigger Canoe Club – Conditions of Membership
- If a new enrolling member makes application for membership on or after1 April, then the part year membership fee will be 60% of the annual membership fee.
- Privacy Act 1993: Information that Maitahi Outrigger Paddling Club collects about members is for the purposes of the Maitahi Outrigger Paddling Club dealing with those members and for the club to retain, use and disclose to the Waka Ama NZ, Nga Kaihoe O Aotearoa (NKOA) for affiliation purposes. ID information will be discarded once verified. Members are entitled to reasonable access to, and correction of, information held about them.
- Publishing of membership details for the purposes such as club membership lists, or other club business specifically related to club management (paper or electronic), will be deemed as accepted.
- I consent to receiving electronic messages and information regarding the Maitahi Outrigging Canoe Club or any other products, service, or promotions offered by Maitahi Outrigger Canoe Club and agree, pursuant to the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, that the person sending any such message need not include a functional unsubscribe facility in the message.
- I agree to my details being recorded in Teamer (online email crew organisational & notification system)
- I agree to abide by the club’s safety rules and the Maitahi Health & Safety Operating Plan.
- I agree it is my responsibility to advise the steerer of any disabilities, health issues or lack of confidence before paddling.
- I understand that failure to comply with Maitahi Outrigger Canoe Club’s operating guidelines could result in the termination of my membership.
- I agree that photos/videos taken at club events may be used for promotional purposes in print or online.