Our club organises various social and race waka ama events for members and the general public. There are lots of other waka ama happenings in other parts of the country and further afield. If you want to know more about an event listed you can contact us or check out the Waka Ama NZ website if its a sanctioned event. They list lots of cool waka ama events on around the country.
Maitahi Social & Fun Stuff
Our Social paddles are a great way to get started, to meet people and find out what crews you might like to paddle with. We often go for coffee and a chat afterwards so you can get to meet club members and have fun.
If you would like to join in send an email using the Social Paddling enquiries form below.
Social & Club Events Calendar
Waka Ama Events Calendar
- October 24 at Marakura Yacht Club, Lake Te Anau
- November 13 - November 14 at Kaiteriteri
- November 13 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Kaiteriteri
- December 2 - December 5 at Aitutake
- December 12 at Lake Pegasus
- January 17, 2021 - January 23, 2021 at Lake Karapiro
- February 12, 2021 - February 18, 2021 at Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes
- February 19, 2021 - February 21, 2021 at Takapuna Beach, Auckland
- April 23, 2021 - April 24, 2021 at Picton
Family Fun Days @ Tahunanui
We hold several Fun Days throughout the year, usually at Tahunanui Beach.
Fun Days are all about fun races and mixing and mingling. Plus they’re a chance for friends, family and the general public to have a go at paddling. See our calendar for the Fun Day schedule.
Tuna E Hoe Ana (Paddling with the eels)
Interested in the Maitahi annual regatta at Nelson Lakes in February?