Winter Series alternative paddle

At the moment the forecast is for rain on Sunday morning, which literally puts a damper on our plans for getting together as a club and enjoying some time on the water together.

However, as born optimists we will put a couple of plans in place that we can set in motion at short notice.

Option 1

If the forecast changes and the sun and sea conditions permit, we will head over to Moturoa – Rabbit Island for a quick BBQ on the beach and then return home. The return trip is 22km so that may be too much for some paddlers. If that’s the case we can try to sort out a facility for one way paddling and crew change on the beach with return land transport to the marina.

To do that I would need to know a wee bit in advance who could manage the return trip and who would prefer not to. If you are keen on the trip you could either leave an indication of single or return on the Facebook post or message me on 021 1696987.

Considering the forecast, it’s probably long odds that this option will happen on Sunday but we will keep it up our sleeves as a Sunday club trip when the weather warms up. When we do it again I will send two Teamer invites, one for single tickets and one for return tickets.

Option 2

If the weather is so-so but still okay for a short trip we will still get as many as are keen to head out in OC6, OC2 and singles for a shorter trip, maybe just to Haulashore, followed by copious amounts of coffee.

I will make a call on Friday as to whether we move from Option 1 to Option 2 and then a further call on Saturday as to whether Option 2 is worth doing. The info will appear ion the website News page and Facebook and if the whole thing is cancelled you will also get a Teamer cancellation.

Its never too early or too late to start paddling waka ama

We always welcome new members to the Maitahi Outrigger Canoe Club.
We have social and racing waka ama crews catering for a wide variety of ages and abilities.